Monday, October 22, 2012

From Your Blog To Mine...

So for this blog i decided to go and read some of my fellow classmates blogs and see how they felt about some of the issues we talk about in class, and i can truly say some of the things we say are the same. Its amazing how someone you just met can share so many similar thoughts and ideas as you. I decided to read and comment on two of my classmates blogs.

Katherine Brock - http://katherinebrock.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-form-of-violent-masculinity.html

Katherine as i was reading this blog it made me think of a similar situation that i was in. I had a friend that went through the same thing. Her boyfriend actually showed emotional and physically violence to her, but she never told us. Whenever things went bad in her relationship she would fake sick so we couldn't see her or hang out until one day we surprised her and saw the marks he left on her! We were livid! but she tried to protect him. As a friend its hard to see your friend going through that much pain, i tried my best to help her get away from him but it made it worse so i had to do my job as a friend and tell her that when she is ready to leave him then do so. He threatened to take his life many times and beat her more if she left until one day she finally lifted her head up and walked out his life. To this day she is doing so much better and there is always a smile on her face! We as friends can try and try to help our friends out of a situation but until they find the strength within themselves to leave we just have to be there for them. So for your friend just be there for her, one day she will realize she is worth so much more and she will get the strength to leave! Keep being that wonderful friend for her!! :))

Loren Burke - http://alwaysawomenofkindwords.blogspot.com/2012/09/it-was-woman-in-this-case.html


Wow!!! I love this!!! I know this might sound crazy but i would rather work at a place where a woman is in charge! Its like they understand you more when things are going wrong or if you are having issues! At my job now my direct manager is a man and my supervisor is a woman and our general manager is a woman and i when i tell you she runs that store like nobodies business!! We had one incident where a customer had an issue with his purchase and asked to speak to a manager. So when our general manager walked up he immediately said "i want to speak to someone higher than her i know a man runs this store." She chuckled and said "Sir I'm the highest you can get in this store, I'm the GM" The left out of the store so quick and we all laughed! Its sad that people are that oppressive without even thinking about it! I love our General manager, she has faith in all of us and trust that we know what we are doing when it comes to our job! She randomly checks on everybody throughout the store and recently when the hurricane hit she called each one of us to make sure we were safe and didn't need anything. Its a major difference from my old job where our GM was a man. So i must say FEMALE GENERAL MANAGERS ROCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment